Monday, May 23, 2011

The Other Side

Terry and I have been asked so many times this week how we are liking it here and it is so easy to say that I love it!  The kids are doing great with school, Terry is happier than I have ever seen him with his job and I am getting to do so much outside that I never could before.  Also, we have moved into an amazing ward that is so much like our old Ward, as far as friendliness and closeness.  Basically, things are going fairly good.

I won't say that we don't have our challenges but the Lord helps us get through them and I am so grateful.  Honestly, I am just enjoying the fact that we are not drowing financially.  I am able to feed my family without fear at the moment and that is a great feeling.  I just went shopping today and even though I am still very much a bargain shopper it is nice to be able to look at a small treat for the kids and not worry that it is going to leave us struggling for the next two weeks. 

We are trying really hard to not fall into the traps we kept falling into before.  Terry and I are really focusing on living on a budget and putting money back for savings.  We have 1 consumer debt left and then we will be debt free, except for our house.  That is an amazing thing to realize.  We are kind of holding back a little on paying off the last debt and putting the extra back for a trip to Arizona this summer.  However, once we are home from that trip and a wedding a couple of weeks later we will be back on track full force to getting that debt kicked out of our lives.  Hopefully, if all goes well, this time next year we will have it out of our lives!!  :-D

It is true that it takes time to heal from loss/change but I think I am getting there.  I love the Gila Valley and all my dear friends there.  I love my family and miss them tremendously at times, yet the bonds of eternity that we share make the seperation more bearable.  I will probably look back on myself in a few months and roll my eyes, wondering what my problem was.  :-)

So, just remember that even though things can get crazy...God is great, life is good and the best is yet to come!!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that you are happy!! It is so wonderful that the kids are doing so well in school, that has been a worry for you too long. Having a happy husband is worth its weight in gold. We miss you terribly, but are so grateful for the memories of the years having all of you close by. I am finally getting used to fixing fewer mashed potatoes. Aunt Jean gave me a large collectable Snow White doll still in its original package for my birthday. My first thought was that Sammi would sure love this. I miss the boys and our little princess. Give yourselves a hug from me. I am looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple of weeks and spending some time with you in July. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete