This afternoon, after church, I sat down and watched one of my all time favorite movies (Phantom of the Opera). Every time I watch it, it reminds me of my freshman year of high school band. That was one amazing year! I love the power and emotion from that music and it reaches a part of me that not much else does. Shoot, I just LOVE great music, but I especially love music that makes me feel all those emotions that I keep bottled up. How often do you get to feel anger, frustration, fear, passion, desperation and love within the span of only 2 hours?!
Think about it, think about the emotions that come forth when you hear the Star Wars score, the song from Ice Castles or Amazing Grace. Music is so powerful and it is one of the most amazing memory tapping tools out there. Is there a song or songs that brings forth intense emotions for you? If you are missing something inside I say immerse yourself in the music that helps to bring you alive...it is amazing how quickly it can change what is happening inside of you.
I came to the realization the other day that for two people who love music as much as Terry and I do, we sure don't have it going enough around here! I guess I have something I need to work on because I want my kids to have a passion for music, just as we do. Boy, it is embarrassing to realize that I have neglected such an important part of their upbringing!! :-\ Well, there is no time like the present to remedy the situation. :-) So everyone, go listen to some music and enjoy the memories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment