I see my kids growing up and beginning to grasp their own lives and much of the time I feel left behind. I know it will be much worse in say 5 or so years, but right now I am just trying to adjust to this new phase in our family dynamic.
Jackson left on a week long 50 mile hike with his scout troop and I almost started to cry as he left. I couldn't help but think...there goes my baby!! I still see him laying in his crib, using his pillow as a blanket and looking like such a sweet angel as he slept. Also, the times I would come around the corner and see him sitting on his bed, looking very serious, as he was trying so hard to read a book. My boy is growing into a young man, with his own ideas and opinions that he is not hesitant to express. Yes, his Mom is going to have to start growing up to keep up with him. :-)
I have been lost in my kids for so long that I often find myself wondering who I am and what do I have to offer. I guess I am beginning a new phase where I have to find myself again...this will be an interesting journey. Thankfully, I know I am not walking it alone. Terry is by my side and I know that my Heavenly Father is there to guide my way. Yet, I can't help but wonder what lies ahead on this new chapter in our lives...ready or not here it comes!! :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment